incomplete, imperfect, impermanent
So having finished University, and getting positive responses about my wooden bicycle, to keep the momentum going, I’m going to spent time working on prototype 3.
The first prototype was a proof of concept: to see if timber could be used as a material frame for the construction of bicycles, so far so good.
The second prototype, was to build upon the original flaws, the two major issues were:
1. Excessive flexibility of the bottom bracket
2. Aesthetic value
From the test riding, to the positive responses, I believe I’ve sufficiently tackled these two issues.
So the goal of the third prototype, will be to continue resolving issues with the first two frames.
The major goals are:
1. Continue aesthetic value/traits.
2. Design a frame that is under 2 kg
3. Stream line my manufacturing process
4. Having precision engineering alignment
5. FEA analysis and stress testing.
6. Market analysis of a potential business proposition
I’ve done a few initial designs, but they deserve more attention and should be explored further before prototyping begins. I’ll keep you updated!